Skip to main content

My name is Matthew

Hello world! My name is Matthew Thomas although most people call me "Matt," I don't mind either. I am currently a 22-year old work in progress and I am a dreamer. Throughout most of my life I have been rather uptight, shy, and very insecure. This stemmed from a sense of inferiority, mediocrity and low self-esteem. I overcame that mentality while in college. I met so many wonderful people, involved myself in student activities and as time went on, the fear, insecurity, and timidity was replaced with courage, boldness, and humor. A combination of all of these pulled out the best in me, so here I am! I am energetic, observant, I love fun (the right way), food, laughter, family, sports, movies, hanging out with friends and making new ones.

I recently graduated in May '11 from the University of West Georgia with a B.A. in Economics (the thing that makes the world go 'round). I'm currently pursuing many interests and business ventures with this degree in hand. I've taken special interests in economic development, public finance, government (local, state, and federal), community involvement, manufacturing, financial administration, forecasting (no, not the weather), and ways to create jobs and employment opportunities for all who want and need it. I think any education is used optimally when people are being helped, a positive impact is made, and one simply enjoys what it is they're doing.

Music is my life! I am a pianist and organist. I am the Music Director at Community Fellowship Church in Dalton, GA and it is an absolute delight! I look forward to Sunday mornings playing at the church and I'd take our Thursday evening rehearsals over Six Flags EVERY time, whether it's with the Praise & Worship Team or the Choir. Music to me is a joy, an expression, it's history, it's passion, it's a blessing, it's unity, it's love, it's inspiration, it's communication, it's creativity, and it's a weapon! The beautiful combination of progressions, melodies, chords, scales, and harmonies all lavished with joy and love are medicine to both the ear and the heart. I am now in my third year of studying jazz theory which has truly changed my entire perspective of harmonization, composition, and music overall. Now I can play George Gerwshin and Jerome Kern tunes one minute and quickly switch to the some Fred Hammond or Hezekiah Walker without hesitance! I am also a hip hop and R&B producer. Feel free to give an ear to some of my material: http://soundcloud.com/sir-m-thomas. So far I've been privileged to have co-produced two hip hop albums that have both done very well from iTunes sales.

Other than that, there are three pieces of literature that I read daily: The Atlanta Journal Constitution, the Wall Street Journal (trial version online), and the Bible. Can't go without them! I have two obsessions: vinyl records and ties (both neckties and bowties). Seems like everytime I turn around I'm running out of room for all of my records, I'll probably end up writing something about them later here on my blog. The love for ties comes from an inherited love of dressing up. My favorite athletes are Michael Vick, Cam Newton, DeWayne Wade and Derrick Rose. Georgia Bulldog football happens year around in my book. Hot chocolate and mochas prevail and as far as food goes, I am learning to cook from my mother, grandmother, aunties, and church family; and I'll eat anything!

And last on here, but first in my heart, I am in deep and unwavering love with Jesus Christ! He is my Savior, King, Redeemer, Shepherd, Healer, Messiah, Intercessor, High Priest, Example, Foundation, Rock, Security, Identity, and my Conqueror and I could go on and on! I thank Him daily for shedding his precious, matchless, and innocent blood to save my life! He died for my sins and that allows me to call God my Father. My relationship with God is possible only because of Jesus' sacrifice on the Cross. This very fact genuinely excites me and that is why I am dedicated to living my life to please Christ and be unashamed of who God has made me to be.

So to sum it all up: I love God and I love people. Welcome to my blog site, Pianomics Inc. Thanks for viewing my page. The content that I will be posting will cover a wide variety of topics from piano and economics to funny stories, awkward experiences and ethics. There will be plenty of Scriptures, music reviews, and my thoughts on what's trending and what's not-so trending. So again, welcome!

Always,

Matthew Thomas
Founder/President/CEO
Pianomics Inc.

Comments

  1. Well said Matt! I look for to hearing from you in the future. Stay with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "magis passionem caeli ad spiritus".....My brother Matt. i am more than proud of you for the strides you have taken, the dedication you have allocated, and the passion that which drives you forward. You are an inspiration to all of us here. Thank you for letting your light shine. looking forwarded to hearing of more big things from you! ~ Kid Wayne

    ReplyDelete
  3. MATTHEW I SALUTE YOU!!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORD AND KEEP REPPIN FOR THE KINGDOM! GOD BLESS......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for the love and support! I promise I won't forget it! Shequitia, Colton, and Dennedy, love ya'll, really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Matt got a surprise for you tomorrow..!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Synth Sounds

I am excited to share that my first jazz project is nearing completion. (Also why this is my first post this month).

Other than piano, you can definitely expect to hear sounds of 1980's and 1990's-era synthesizers filtered throughout the upcoming album.

I admire the newer sounds we have today, but none of them quite replicate the original, synth-led sounds of 80's and 90's music.

In my opinion, 80's and 90's sounds present the perfect crossover of analog and digital mixes that were limitless in use and expression.

It is no wonder that modern synthesizers today still draw inspiration from 80's and 90's technology. It was simply some of the most innovative audio machinery ever created.

No shame here. Expect 80's and 90's vibes to come your way in my upcoming project.

Stay Tuned!!!


A pile of my module racks from the 80's and 90's used and simulated on my upcoming jazz album.

CFC Youth Day

CFC Youth Day was nothing short of remarkable.

Children, teenagers, young adults (my generation) sang, danced, praised, and worshiped God with passion, love, joy, energy, and sincerity.

We led, both, the 8:00 AM and 10:00 AM services and the LORD ministered through us in His own powerful way.

I am very grateful to have preached at the 10:00 AM service. (Came from 2 Timothy 1:7).

Something amazing happens when we move ourselves out of the way and allow the LORD to communicate His Word through us. He does for us what we cannot do for ourselves. And when you summarize the meaning He brings to life, you realize that all the of the glory belongs to Him.

The reality of God's presence gives life, and everything we involve ourselves in, brand new meaning.

God's awesomeness was displayed in a monumental way today. A flame was kindled in our youth and the church as a whole.

Today was special.

Big thanks to everyone who helped make today such a great success, you know who you are!

Churc…

Birdland

Last night, the very last night of our NYC vacation, my parents and I attended a jazz show at the legendary Birdland.

GRAMMY nominated jazz vocalist Karrin Allyson was in the house.

Before I go any further, I must give kudos to Allyson and her band consisting of Miro Sprague (piano & Rhodes), Jeff Johnson (upright & electric bass), and Jerome Jennings (drums). They were great!

Allyson's clear voice and the band's musical prowess made for a top-quality performance. There is no room to doubt: everyone on the stage last night were professionals.

Being at Birdland is an experience, if anything, because of its rich history in providing a venue in entertainment-rich Manhattan for jazz artists and musicians.

This is the same Birdland that George Shearing wrote "Lullabye of Birdland" about and artists such as Ella Fitzgerald, Dexter Gordon, Lionel Hampton, Sarah Vaughan, Quincy Jones, Chaka Khan, Amy Winehouse, Mel Torme, Erroll Garner, and Nikki Yanofsky later sang …