I am going to let the thoughts run rapid this time. But so as not to let things get too hectic, I will provide a format: 1. 3 takeaways from Walkable City by Jeff Speck, AICP 2. 3 takeaways from Don't Waste Your Life by John Piper 3. Three takeaways and occurrences from me.
3 Takeaways from Walkable City.
- The General Theory of Walkabability explains the four components of a favorable walk. A favorable walk must be:
- The economic advantage of walkable places can be identified by three key factors:
- Urban living is more attractive to young creatives
- Those preferring an urban lifestyle will grow for the next few decades
- Would-be gas and car maintenance money can be spent elsewhere, locally
- Millenials, my generation, represent the biggest population bubble in 50 years. 64% of college-educated millenials choose where they want to live first, then look for a job.
3 Takeaways from Don't Waste Your Life.
- People talk about God in vague ways. But to have God is to have Christ. (Read John 5:23, John 14:6, Luke 10:16, and 1 John 2:23).
- To not waste your life is to find your God-centered, Christ-exalting, Bible-saturated passion and live for it.
- Philippians 2:7-8. One thing matters: Know Christ and gain Christ. Everything else is rubbish in comparison to this.
3 Takeaways from Yours Truly
- Today marks my 1 year anniversary of being Economic Development Coordinator for the City of Canton. I am blessed to work for such a wonderful community. I aspire to have Canton as one of the top places for business and job growth in the United States.
- Speaking of this wonderful city, Canton was ranked the #1 Best Place to Live in Georgia by Movoto Real Estate blog. Click here to read the article.
- L.A.S.T.= Learn. Apply. Share. Test.