Came across these simple truths while studying Matthew 14:22-33 this morning. I encourage to read these scriptures before reading any further. You may find it a bit confusing to follow without first reading the text in God's Holy Word.
- Jesus immediately responds to all of Peter's requests. "Can I walk too?", "I'm drowning, save me." All you have to do is ask (Luke 16:24). Jesus replies to our heartfelt requests.
- Jesus did not let Peter drown. Peter did not die. Jesus saved his life. You may fall or feel your life is in a drowning state, but Jesus will pick you up. Ask Him.
- The natural circumstance of stormy weather was no match for Jesus. Jesus defies all logic, nature, and other governing laws of the universe. Nothing is impossible for Him (Luke 1:37).
- Peter did the right thing: he saw he was sinking and called Jesus. Jesus replies, immediately.
- Faith in Jesus is, and always will be, the key to victory. In verse 30 Jesus says "O ye of little of faith, why did you doubt?" You can accomplish the impossible with Him. Peter walked on water too until he took his eyes off of Jesus. The eyes symbolize vision, focus, and direction. True focus on Jesus has an "it doesn't matter" mentality. True focus of Jesus is when you can walk on water knowing who your strength, peace, joy, love, and salvation, regardless of what's going on around you. Christ saves.