Today at church, Bishop Thomas continued preaching what is now a six week series about God's grace.
To highlight the six weeks, here are six notes I have taken from the series, so far:
- We are saved by grace (Ephesians 2:8).
- We are alive in Christ by grace (Ephesians 2:5).
- We are enabled to use our gifts to glorify God by grace (Ephesians 3:8).
- We have access to God by grace (Ephesians 2:18).
- Mercy is not getting what we deserve. Grace is getting what we do not deserve.
- Because God gives us grace, we are to give grace to others. Imagine God holding back his grace on us because we are not worthy of His forgiveness and love. Fortunately, He does not. Neither should we treat others as though they are "undeserving."
There's plenty where these came from and I hope Bishop Thomas continues with the series as it has been a blessing so far. Thank God for His grace!
Rappers Timothy Brindle and Shai Linne recorded a great explanation of grace. Click the video below to listen.