"And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work."
- 2 Corinthians 9:8
- And God is able- There is nothing too hard for God (Jeremiah 32:27, Luke 18:27). You have to believe it.
- to make ALL grace- Not some, but all grace. That is all of God's unmerited favor and goodness (Ephesians 2:8-9) that He is making...
- abound toward you- Insert your name at "you."
- always having- Righteousness, peace, love, joy, patience, kindness, peace, salvation, healing, are wherever God is. So when He is with us so are all of His attributes. They are inseparable.
- all sufficiency- God's provision guarantees an abundance of what you need and what you are going to need (2 Corinthians 12:9). Whether that's during the school day, the work day, the test, the trying times, in obstacle and in opportunity, God- the Manufacturer of our Hearts- knows what we need and supplies it, sufficiently.
- in all things- In everything (Philippians 4:13).
- may have an abundance- You may have more than enough (Ephesians 3:20).
- for every good work- For everything that's good, for everything that will help others, for everything that will bring God glory, He supplies abounding grace toward that work.
For the past two weeks I have kept 2 Corinthians 9:8 close to my heart. I hope this breakdown will help you also remember this verse. God's Word is so powerful! Be blessed.