This is to my fellow praise & worship leaders, ministers of music, choir directors, musicians, and those who use their musical gifts to glorify God.
- Listen to your overseer. They are shepherds and watchmen of God's people. They are also the ones giving the preached word. If they request a song, sing it. Their request should take precedent over what you've prepared.
- If you're teaching a song, know the material-- thoroughly. How you introduce a song sets the tone for how the song will be delivered. If you want the vocalists to project confidence, teach with confidence. If you want negligence and sloppiness, teach it that way.
- Give every rehearsal, every service, every occasion 100%. Nothing less.
- Appreciate those you do ministry with. Anytime you praise you make spiritual war. Praise is a weapon. Appreciate the sacrifices and gifts of those you fight with.
- Don't allow the tiniest of problems to diminish your music.
- When the Spirit flows, forget the program. Salvation, healing, and deliverance are more important than staying within the time window.
- Don't lose your edge.
- Keep God the focus. Not who's in the crowd.